Thursday, November 01, 2007

Beautiful Word

my sister has gotten her new The Message version bible as her birthday gift this year and i took it out for a read this breezing morning.

Psalms 19: 6
"That's how God's Word vaults across the skies from sunrise to sunset,
melting ice, scorching deserts,
warming hearts to faith."
it reminded me that the Word is the only instrument that can transform the heart. each response/ application step should come from a conviction of the Word.

Psalms 22: 22
"Here's the story i'll tell my friends when they come to worship,
and punctuate it with Hallelujahs:"
there were more than often times where i would be caught murmuring within my spirit or harboring negative thoughts whenever unhappy situations arise. yet, the verse spoke it full well, that i should learn to punctuate my life with Hallelujahs wherever i go, whatever i do. Hallelujahs should be spoken not just because of a certain answered prayer, rather based on who my Maker is. His pure character i should say Hallelujahs. Hallelujah meant Praise the Lord.

all ears: Singing "You are my love and my light. You are my purpose for living. You are my hope in the night, my reason for living..." ("my Love & my Light by Don Moen)

No comments: