Thursday, April 05, 2007

small wins daily

We need to encourage believers to live for eternity and not just for time,”
As Easter approaches, this is the don’t- know- how- many- times I’m celebrating Easter in Hope. In fact, am pretty looking forward to the special programs in our Easter services, the song, the first ever youth animated clip… more than these, am pondering over the article which I have just read. Am I living a resurrected life? Am I living a renewed life? Am I living a transformed (from the inside out) life? Am I experiencing small victories in my spiritual walk and gaining more grounds in becoming more Christ-like follower?
3 days ago, I was having the busiest and the packed-est school day. 3 lectures with 2 project meetings in between. As I walked out of the school at 1045pm, in my mind, “alright…..finally the day is coming to an end….I can take a long bus ride home, sleeping.” A double- decked 74 came and I boarded the bus, thanking God for an air- conditioned bus. Too lazy to climb to the upper deck, I found myself a seat and sat comfortably, reaching out for my mp3 player. When I looked up, I saw a familiar stranger, my classmate from the last lecture. I didn’t know her well, we shared the “hi and bye” type of friendship. She waved and I waved back. I guess she probably was feeling abit awkward, not wanting to be unfriendly, thus chosen the seat besides me. At spilt seconds, I had random thoughts in my head, “Should I just close my eyes and go to sleep?” “Should I tell her that I’m tired and tell that I wish to nap?” “Should I just continue with my mp3 enjoyment?”. Yet, on the other side of my brain, “Did you not remember about what you learnt about reaching out to unbelievers during Peter Truong’s sharing?” “I thought you said that you want to be more outreaching to care for others’ needs?” “I thought you learnt something like, people are getting more individual and care for own needs in the recent world, and didn’t you said that you want to be different?” at this, I kept my mp3 player and turned to talk to her. The initial start was abit awkward and not- sure- what- to- say kind of moments. However, thanked God, we talked till she alighted at her bus stop and I still got to rest for awhile before I reached my bus stop. As I walked home, I was happy because I chose to obey and gained small victories, bit by bit.
Just last night, I had a very good train ride home with Liyan. We seldom meet, yet, last night’s conversation was very encouraging and relaxed for me. I enjoyed. Felt very comfortable to share with her about my life and I prayed for God to grow our friendship closer.
all ears: But for your grace by Paradise Community Church

No comments: