Wednesday, May 23, 2007

forgiveness

Have you ever did something that you regret doing it? Have you ever misunderstood someone and you wished that things could be rewind to the way they were before? Have you ever said something that you wished you didn’t say it? Have you ever wished that you could have given a little bit more attention to the close ones whom you often take their presence for granted?
We often have such moments that we hope and wish for forgiveness. Forgiveness is such a powerful word. It brings about great relief to the person who needed it so much. It brings so much joy, giving the person a fresh new start in the relationship or the friendship. I remembered that there were a few incidents in my life that I wished for forgiveness so badly, from my Maker or my friends. Often, the bad one will try to deceive the person by instilling guilt and unworthiness, telling him that he is no good and do not deserve any forgiveness or even try to prophesize that he will fail and fall in that same area again, thus, questioning the poor human soul about why should he be asking for forgiveness.
Yet, the Lord is faithful and love. Asking for forgiveness displays our humility in Christ. The first step of forgiveness happens in your own heart, when you know that God has forgiven you when you seek for it and you are able to forgive yourself for the wrongful act. Next step of seeking forgiveness from those you did wrong to is to amend the broken relationship or friendship because love covers all wrongs. Here, you seek out to the person because the relationship or friendship meant something to you and that brings people to reconcile with each other.

Thank you, Jesus for forgiving me. Thank you for receiving me daily, each time I come to you to tell you of my wrongs, you never fail to give me a new start and see me afresh. Today, I learnt forgiveness in another deeper level of understanding. True forgiveness brings great relief and so much joy to the heart. Thank you, Lord.

Caught spiderman3 with eevoon today. one of the last few sentences that parker made was when he said “I forgive you” to sandman. It was moving. It was truth in love.
all ears: a song by corrinne may

No comments: