Monday, December 15, 2008

Heroes Camp

Yesterday was a cool morning to begin with. woke up to light drizzles outside my window and quickly get changed to go to SSS for our bi-annually youth camp. i was excited to start my day at camp because i aimed to enjoy every single moment of the entire day.
i reached the hall and found philo distributing breakfast packs to the cg. i was blessed by her hospitality as well. its really nice to see my people at the start of the morning. went through the loyalty lesson on David by DanielC and Dennis. what led me to think further about the lesson:
what makes David so powerful that his mighty men follow him so wholeheartedly? whats so special about him?David expressed his loyalty to his mighty men too.
your friend's spirituality is your responsibility.
forgive easily. sometimes, i find that i am quick to correct the wrongs. in midst, i maybe too rigid and not done it in loving ways.

Gideon and i delivered the workshop on spiritual gifts. one of my camp objectives is to reclaim my gift of teaching. i have not taught for quite sometime and i really want to teach again and teach the Word more. thank God, the workshop turned out good & God blew my nervousness away! haha!
we had so much fun clowning around during Minilution rehearsal. it was so much fun doing something together with shirls' cg and the uls! :) did a tee for our beloved pastor that says: "i heart shirls!" *jumps* it was nice and encouraged to receive cards and notes from some of my people. i really really appreciate the words written on the cards. they meant so much to me and it always reminds me of why i am doing what i am doing :)
Pastor Jeff came and shared a lesson on the life of Abraham. some points he mentioned really struck a chord in my heart, kept me up to keep thinking about it.
moving from comfort zone to combat zone.
spiritual growth is being on new & unfamiliar grounds and thus need to learn new skills and abilities

2 comments:

Prisca said...

WoOo.. looks a whole lotta fun! Am reading on David recently too and was thinking to myself that there is more to David that I don't know of!! =)

comeandfly said...

heys pris :) yups,i learnt alot in the camp, there were 4 other characters too,esther, paul, abraham & moses.