Wednesday, December 03, 2008

so touched

yesterday i went for an interview at one of Touch community centers at Ubi. seriously, i felt that God has orchestrated the interview for me, to encourage me and advice me through the center director. i was very totally blessed by her spirit and warmth towards me. i was very excited about the interview, not because i die die need to secure a second job. rather i am very keen to find out more details about social service industry and serving the needs of the needy. indeed, the whole trip was not in waste. i know that i need more time in prayer and getting my focus clearer on what He wants me to do and what i am passionate about. this interview serves as a step to make my focus clearer. i am very encouraged by Julia, the center director and Danny, the HR personnel. towards the end of the session, she even offered to pray for me! i was very touched. i was very touched because through that act of kindness, i felt God's love and hand directing my life. though it seems like a tiny incident in my life, but i am convinced that it totally mature my perspective towards work and my career direction.
something Julia shared that caused me to ponder further.
Faithfulness is satisfaction.
i began to slowly understand this statement bit by bit. its when i am faithful with any tasks given to me, it is having job satisfaction from it. job satisfaction doesnt come from solely the job title or job scope or job description! rather, it is from the person's faithfulness.

thank you, Mr J

No comments: