Monday, September 01, 2008

Roy is 26!

Roy turned 26 last saturday. It has been around a year and seven months since we got together. God has been very faithful and gracious in our relationship.
Roy is really a big big blessing to me. trust me, we do have our fair share of ups and downs together. come to think of it now, i better appreciate my leaders when they always share that courtship & marriage is a commitment. whenever we squabble/quarrel, it really take a whole lot of me to decide to do the right thing which is- to communicate with him despite the overwhelming emotions rushing over me (girls would better understand this. hehe) yet, roy is really patient to wait for me to respond to him and begin to share my thoughts.
i really admire roy's humble heart and soft spot towards God's word. there was once where i was surprised by his question. he asked me whether sometimes do i miss God. sometimes he was busy with work and things around him that he misses God, he misses spending extended time and unrushed moments with God. i was deeply encouraged by this and it also set my heart ablaze to seek God deeper and more in my life too.
through this stage of our lives, i have learnt and experienced God, the lover of my soul. i have come to better understand God's love for me whenever i relate to roy.
i always think like this: if God can give us love to love each other, man.... His love is even much more than what humans can give to one another.
through many incidents, i can see God's love at work.
Happy Birthday, Roy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't even remember how long me and seng have been together.i cant believe u even remember the months! :X but help me say happy bdae to him k! and plssssssss remember to have ur wedding during my summer break.;)

Prisca said...

U guys are such a cute couple! =) Well, I didn't wish him last night on msn.. ooops... didn't know. Will wish him when I see him again. hehehe. Agree w you that God's love would ve even more amazing than the love coming from us humans!

comeandfly said...

my sheep, wynnie!!! i've gotten ur 3-in-1, its super intense wor :) hehe.
Hello Pris! *waves*

sprawls of faded dreams said...

ah thanks!!!
how many packs did u buy? hehe.
having my exams now, how i wish my coffee is here with me already :(
thanks for helping me buy! love ya!
wynnie

Tricia said...

aww.. shuz.. tt's jus so sweet!