Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the Sim family

red roses, 8- course dinner, red velvet curtain.
yesterday annie got married to craigven at intercontinental hotel. annie is my eldest cousin in the sim family. my mum was the 4th daughter in the sim family.
ever since mum passed away years back, we seldom visit them except for big events like cny and weddings, most of them live in the west side of the island, particularly clementi.
whenever i see my cousins and relatives, it is a nostalgic feeling. i have fond memories with them when i was young. mum's eldest sister is also my godmother and i was babysitted by her during my first 2 years while my mum returned to workforce. during primary school holidays, mei and i would packed our clothes and stuffs in our tiny disney luggage bags and spent close to a week at my godmother's house. we played together with our cousins from morning to evening. sometimes, there might be movie treats from my xiao yi.
the sim family is a closely knitted family. since young, i always long to go together with them on family overseas trips, but because dad work shiftwork, we were always not able to join them for it. all i could gathered from their experiences were looking at the photo albums of the various countries they been to. through these years, our relationships are that of a distant relative type. each time whenever i go to visit them, i'll feel abit out of place or "mo sheng".
it was the same for last night too. yet, i went ahead to enjoy the dinner and also to initiate catch ups with them. God is good and i enjoyed my night. caught up with my cousins who were mostly just a few years younger than me. also met some long- distance relatives from malaysia too, when i only met them when i was a baby? well, afterall, my grandparents had 10 children. *gasp*
we will gather again coming dec for annie's brother, zhen hong's wedding. am looking forward to it. deep down, i hope to know them more once again as i know God is guiding me and has his plans for me to be in the sim family.

from left: mei, shuz, nicole, ada, nowell, serene (cousins)

No comments: