Thursday, October 19, 2006

a special responsibility

When pastor ben read it out in his teaching, i found it to be very familiar. it was also one of my last week's quiet time.
"Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt. do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. if you do and they cry out to me, i will certainly hear their cry. my anger will be aroused, and i will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless. if you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not be like a moneylender; charge him no interest. if you take your neighbor's cloak as a pledge, return it to him by sunset, because his cloak is the only covering he has for his body. what else will he sleep in? when he cries out to me, i will hear, for i am compassionate." Exodus 22: 21- 27
how true. as i was sharing, that i'm re- visiting some fundamental lessons on love and giving, this passage stuck a chord in me, that i ought to dispense His love, to be proactive to show it to even the people who aren't close to me. this is how they may see God's love, that is, through my life, my actions and my words.
This commitment flows from our belief that God created all humankind and gave us responsibility for one another with the strongest having a special responsibility for the vulnerable.
listening: I won't hold you back by Toto

No comments: